This is a the curry that my mom makes right from my schooldays. A very simple and yet a special gravy that is a perfect side dish for chapattis/dosa. Its serves a complete lunch with white rice too. In India we get the chippi (like sea shells) mushrooms and they taste so good for this gravy. I got a mushroom mix pack from garden fresh this time and it turned out good. Here is the recipe,
Mushrooms - 1 pack
onions thin cut - 1/2 cup
tomatoes chopped - 1/2 cup
green chillies - 2
curry leaves - 8
corriander leaves - handful
cocunut - 2 to 3 small pieces
chilly powder - 1 tsp
cummin powder - 1/2 tsp
corriander powder - 1/2 tp
pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Preparation of the kulambu:
1. Clean the mushrooms by washing them in warm water.
2. Grind the cocunut and the other masala powders into a smooth paste
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the green chillies, onions and curry leaves.
4. After the onions turn translucent, add the paste from step 2
5. Add the tomatoes and fry til the tomatoes cook.
6. Add the mushrooms, corriander leaves and salt and saute for a few minutes.
7. Add required water and pressure cook for one whistle.